thirtysomething

There was no way around it, no place to hide. 30 was coming and there was nothing I could do about it. Slowly it creped up on me over 12 months, and now it is here. I am 30 years old. I sure as heck didn't let it take me without a fight!

Wed night, Annie surprised me with a turtle pie during small group. She definately knows how to get straight to my heart. Thursday, I took the day off of work! I was able to catch up on some compilations I have been working on forever, wrote some music, drank several cups of coffee, went thrifting, watched Steve's keynote at Macworld, etc. Thursday night, Annie and I went to Pucket (awesome Thai place) followed by VIP seats at Monico. No one under the age of 21 was allowed in the theatre! Good times had by all.

Friday night, I had 12 guys over to play video games. We had 2 projectors (Wii, Gamecube), 2 TVs, a Genesis, an Atari, some Guitar Hero, a little Sam Adams, and some Chicken Mariachi from Denatos. I schooled Geoff in some NHL '94, while I simultaneously got schooled by Levi in Guitar Hero.



Saturday morning we went on a hike at Monte Sano with the Perigos. Levi got a little carried away on Stone Cutter. You can see the video.



On our drive back, I was thinking to myself how awesome of a birthday I have had. I was ready so sit back and relax the rest of the day until about 1 mile from our house, Annie's cell phone rings. It was Brinks security. Someone had set the alarm at our house off. The reason we got Brinks in the first place was due to a break in that we had in October of 06. I begin to freak out while Annie very calmly tells them that it is a false alarm and they don't need to send anyone. At this point, I am like, "What in the world are you doing?! Someone has broken into our house! Why would you call them off?" She calmly tells me everything is ok. I respond quite firmly with, "How do you know this? What is wrong with you?" She plays it off cool for a minute more, and then finally has to tell me that my family had come down to surprise me for my birthday and that they must have set the alarm off. I smile, we laugh, and then all sanity was restored. We spend the evening eating my sisters quite famous chili and watching a movie. They headed back to Indiana after church.



Many great memories from a wonderful couple of days. Turning 30 isn't so bad after all.


Comments

Anonymous said…
WOO HOO!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Unknown said…
Hey man!!! Happy Birthday!! Holy Cow you are 1/2 way to 60 you old man!!

:D

Beers
ems said…
Happy birthday. I'm sorry I wasn't here to celebrate with you.

Popular posts from this blog

She went Skyyyyydivin.....

some thoughts before bedtime