I took Annie skydiving on Saturday for her birthday. Rather then trying to explain the experience, you can watch it here: Saturday we kicked it old school with a small group slumber party. A little Balderdash, a few Saved By The Bell episodes, lots of candy and cake, and a few rip roarin games of Pit. It was like we were in junior high again, except with a few less zits. I will post some pics from that another day.
After a 3 hour delay in Cinci, I am back home in Alabama (otherwise known as Africa). The Milwaukie experience was a good one, although we weren't able to completely solve the problem we were sent up there to investigate. I was, however, able to go through 2 large Duncan Donuts coffee's! We don't have those down here, so I had to take it when I could get it. I also got myself a Usingers Polish Sausage while in town. You have to get something that an area is famous for and Milwaukee is famous for sausage (and beer). After our first day of tedious testing and troubleshooting, Russ and I were ready to kick back and have a little fun. We hopped in the Camry and headed down to the river walk. I think we were both shocked with how safe and clean downtown Milwaukie was. There were a lot of young people out and about going to and from their downtown condos. We had a significant number of restaurants to choose from in the downtoan area. When doing some research online, I found an in...
I went to a retreat this weekend with about 40 of the men from Summit. The first night there, I had a discussion with a guy about Jesus and “social justice”. I really don’t know how we got on to this subject, but he went into what I would describe as a rant about how Jesus never called us to social action. I don’t know him and had never met him before that evening, but something about his tone and the heart behind what he was saying really bothered me. The rest of the evening I couldn’t get this conversation off my mind. It just seemed like a ludicrous point to make. Was he trying to make excuses for not getting out of his bubble to server others? Am I just as bad as this guy? Earlier that day I had read an article about the International Justice Mission in Relevant. The guy who started it, Gary Haugen, got his Law degree from Harvard and then decided to start IJM. He did so after he had heard all these storied from Christian missionaries who would come back and tell of all the atroci...
Comments