Keys to Community: Discipleship, Fellowship, Prayer, Service, and PIT!!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
For those of you that have never experienced Pit, below is just a little taste of what you are missing. Annie and I introduced this to our small group on Wednesday night.
I took Annie skydiving on Saturday for her birthday. Rather then trying to explain the experience, you can watch it here: Saturday we kicked it old school with a small group slumber party. A little Balderdash, a few Saved By The Bell episodes, lots of candy and cake, and a few rip roarin games of Pit. It was like we were in junior high again, except with a few less zits. I will post some pics from that another day.
After a 3 hour delay in Cinci, I am back home in Alabama (otherwise known as Africa). The Milwaukie experience was a good one, although we weren't able to completely solve the problem we were sent up there to investigate. I was, however, able to go through 2 large Duncan Donuts coffee's! We don't have those down here, so I had to take it when I could get it. I also got myself a Usingers Polish Sausage while in town. You have to get something that an area is famous for and Milwaukee is famous for sausage (and beer). After our first day of tedious testing and troubleshooting, Russ and I were ready to kick back and have a little fun. We hopped in the Camry and headed down to the river walk. I think we were both shocked with how safe and clean downtown Milwaukie was. There were a lot of young people out and about going to and from their downtown condos. We had a significant number of restaurants to choose from in the downtoan area. When doing some research online, I found an in...
There was no way around it, no place to hide. 30 was coming and there was nothing I could do about it. Slowly it creped up on me over 12 months, and now it is here. I am 30 years old. I sure as heck didn't let it take me without a fight! Wed night, Annie surprised me with a turtle pie during small group. She definately knows how to get straight to my heart. Thursday, I took the day off of work! I was able to catch up on some compilations I have been working on forever, wrote some music, drank several cups of coffee, went thrifting, watched Steve's keynote at Macworld, etc. Thursday night, Annie and I went to Pucket (awesome Thai place) followed by VIP seats at Monico. No one under the age of 21 was allowed in the theatre! Good times had by all. Friday night, I had 12 guys over to play video games. We had 2 projectors (Wii, Gamecube), 2 TVs, a Genesis, an Atari, some Guitar Hero, a little Sam Adams, and some Chicken Mariachi from Denatos. I schooled Geoff in some NHL '94, wh...
Comments